Sunday, February 28, 2016

b o x


 
Rectilinear shapes are the most common and universally aesthetically-pleasing geometric shapes in existence. At least, I find them extremely pleasing and useful. In this performance, I attempt to reconcile my organic form with the geometric form of the box. Doing so toys with the concept of scale and also that of containment: my body becomes differentiated from the surroundings when I step into the box container; the act of attempting to pack myself down into the box creates humor because the viewer sees the difference in relative size, and does not clearly see a way for me to fit inside. The linear pattern in the background compliments the linear sides of the box that are continually shifting with my weight and futile struggle of repetitive actions to contain myself in the small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment